Microsoft Authenticator app
Microsoft Authenticator App : When two-step verification is turned on, you can sign in to your accounts with the Microsoft Authenticator app. Passwords can be lost, stolen, or hacked, so two-step verification makes it safer to log in to your accounts. Two-step verification adds a second step, like using your phone, to make it harder for people who shouldn’t be able to access your account to do so. There are many ways to use the Authenticator app:
Two-step verification is the standard way to make sure someone is who they say they are. One of the steps is entering your password. After logging in with your username and password, you can either accept a message or type in a verification code.
- Sign up by phone. A type of two-factor authentication that lets you log in without a password by using your username and a mobile device with your fingerprint, face, or personal identification number.
- Code generation. As a way to make codes for accounts that work with authenticator apps.
- An authenticator can be used with any account that uses time-based one-time password (TOTP) standards and two-factor authentication.
Your organisation may need you to use the Authenticator app to log in and get to its data and documents. Even if your user name shows up in the app, the account won’t be set up as a way to verify your identity until registration is finished. To find out more, go to Add your account from work or school.
Download and setup the Microsoft Authenticator App
- Install the most up-to-date version of the Authenticator app that works with your Google Android operating system.
- Visit Google Play on your Android device to get the Authenticator app and put it on your device.
- The iOS platform from Apple. Go to the App Store on your iOS device to get the Authenticator app and set it up.
Set up two-step verification on Microsoft Authenticator App
The Authenticator app can give you a code that you must enter when you sign in. This helps protect your account. You don’t have to wait for texts or phone calls, and the instructions below will make sure that only you can see your information.
Install the Microsoft Authenticator App
Scan the QR code below or go to the download page from your Android device to get the Authenticator app.
You can get the Authenticator app for iOS by scanning the QR code below or going to the download page on your phone.
Set up the Authenticator app
After installing the Authenticator app, follow the steps below to add your account:
- Start the programme for Authenticator.
- Choose the (+) sign in the top right corner.
- Follow the instructions in your account settings or by pointing your camera at the QR code.
After adding your account to the Authenticator app, you can use the one-time codes to sign in. Open the Download Microsoft Authenticator page to find out more about the Authenticator App and how to get help with it.
Set up text messaging security information (SMS)- Type in the number of your phone to get a text message with a code for two-step verification or to reset your password.
Set up information about security for phone calls- Enter the number of your phone to get a phone call for two-factor authentication or to reset your password.
Thanks! If you want to learn more information like this then visit: aka ms authapp